Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Family

What is the meaning of 'Family'? A safe haven that protects one from the harsh realities of the dog-eat-dog world? A place where one casts all worries aside and enjoys the merits and joys of family life? Is it really so? For the lucky few, perhaps. Count your blessings. Enjoy and be glad that you have done enough good in your past life to be bestowed with your earned karmic returns. Alas for some, it remains a source of oppression, resentment, anger and unjust. Family... It's supposed to provide you with support, company, care and help.. Kinship and family love are supposed to be unconditional. Yet, it is no free lunch in reality. This support and care on the facade, chains you to a lifetime of obligations. Perhaps I am being extreme... indeed. Don't get me wrong, that I adhore my parents. I don't. I must admit there were times when I felt they could have done some things and handled some issues, or said some things in a better manner. Still, I do honour them. Sibling ties... It's bullshit. Sometimes I really do wonder if having two and more children is a blessing or major source of unhappiness?

  

No comments:

Post a Comment