Wednesday, December 19, 2012

It's been eons since I last posted. Not that I didn't want to, nor that my life hasn't been interesting of late. It's more like I've far too many things on my plate to free up some time for jotting down my thoughts or get on that serious pensive mode. I still believe reflecting is good and yes, I am trying to see if I can make this more regular.

So much has happened. The semi-stable anchor in my life then has... well, drifted away. Or rather, I finally plucked up the courage, perhaps out of desperation, to release the tie that binded. And now, a lone ship drifting in the open sea, I am. Have I made the right choice? I asked myself countless times. With each time, as much as I felt a pang of regret, this niggling voice never fails to remind me that I did right. I COULD HAVE made do with what I had then BUT the truth is, I will be living in tether hooks and will never be happy.

I COULD HAVE chosen to settle. Well, the mini me says no.

Life. It is such a journey of surprises. A mix bag of good and bad. At this point, I cannot quite ascertain where I stand. My status is well, complicated. I confess that I am dating someone whom I have never dream of dating and would possibly not date at all back then.

To be fair, he is quite a sincere chap. At least thus far, he seems to be serious about what we possibly have. Perhaps I haven't been projecting myself in the no holds barred, bare it all way. A friend advised that I should - if this person cannot accept me at my worse, why should I downplay myself and be so accommodating?

Perhaps really, instead of being so consumed and distracted with relationship matters and affairs of the heart, I should just concentrate on building myself up, concentrate on being single - just to be by myself for some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment